Message from the Author.

This blog is created so that I can share with you my moments from my different trips. I don't post regularly. Only when I go on a trip, and sometimes I might post about it much time later. All photos used here are taken from me ( or my father ^.^). In case I will use a photo which is not mine, I will always mention the source. Sometimes I will make references to my other blog as well, because I might feel my post isn't complete. This blog is exclusively about different places, cultural statements and photos. Extended references to topics such as fashion or arts won't be made. If you want, you can follow me, and I will always follow you back. Thans for reading this note :)

Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas trip- Athens

Well, I visit Athens every year for Christmas, and it still gets me surprised everytime I go there.
This year has been amazing, as far as the trips are concerned, because I had the chance to visit quite a lot new destinations, such as Kos island, Brussels, Netherlands and Luxemburg. However, the trip at Athens is almst every time the best of all. This might be because, I don't know, it might remind me my roots, my father comes from Athens, so it's a city with sentimental meaning to me.

The first day we arrived, we went straight to my friend Nataly's house.Well, not straight exactly, considering that we lost the same turn in the roads 3 times precisely. You might be wondering how we did that, since we go there each year.....Well, it's a fact that each year we lose that specific turn!!!
Anyway, there I met one old friend of mine, that I only see at christmas. I was amazed how tall he was, and how thin he was! Oh, he's a year older and he reached 1,90 m......
We took our time and took some really silly photos as well. The second day we, me and Nataly, went with some friends of her to the Mall Athens, a mall, with many other districts like bowling and pool. We were in the mood for bowling, but then they informed us that there was a queue with about 19 others waiting, before us. The same thing with pool. So, we took the bus, and returned to Melissia, the area Nataly lives.There we ended up sitting at a playpark, in the dark and cold weather. After some time I couldn't walk because my toes had freezed. You see, in the town I live, the weather is hotter, even if it's norther than Athens. Anyway, the third day, we went to the village outlet, Mc Arthur Glen, and my friend forced me to eat a piece of hot dog, although I find it disgusting.....Then, we went to a bowling centre and I had a great score: 34! I suck at bowling, hehe, and guess that last year my scores were around 80....
At Friday, we went out for a walk at the heart of Athens, down the most commercial street, Ermou street. Then we sat at a traditional restaurant, and me,Nataly and my old friend Periklis went out for a walk...Then I just realized how much we had grown up...our parents let us stroll down the squares, alone, without parental supervision...We almost reached the other side of the centre, Thisio. The street we passed by was probably the most picturesque, alongside with Acropolis, then Athens observatory, and finally the Supreme Court. We were lucky enough though, because, immediately when we got in the car, it started raining, then it turned into a hail storm. whatever......
At saturday, I packed my suitcase, and I was quite sad, because my vacations were almost over. However, my dad got stuck in traffic, so I spared some more time with my friends, hehe :)
After leaving Nataly, we went to one of my dad's old friends, and we found out that, while we were on the road, his kid was stolen. Luckily, the thieves were found and he got back his jacket (!) and mobile. On our way back, me and my dad had one of those boring discussions, that you wanna open the window and jump out..... Photos will be posted shortly! :)
All in all, the trip was as fine as expected....

No comments:

Post a Comment